Robert Channon Wines
"Arguably Australia's foremost producer of Verdelho" James Halliday.
* the first Queensland winery to be awarded 5 stars by James Halliday in the Wine Companion.
* A warm welcome at our cellar door open daily.
*Enjoy lunch at our Singing Lake Cafe - open weekends - and concerts at the monthly concert series in our Swigmore Hall.
*for three years in a row winner of the Trophy for Queensland's Best White Wine with its Verdelho.
* the first Queensland winery to win an open national trophy at a national wine show when its Reserve Chardonnay won the Trophy for Best Chardonnay in the Royal Brisbane Show 2004.
*winner of a second national trophy for its Sparkling Chardonnay - Best Sparkling Wine in the Australian Small Winemakers Show 2010.
*Sparkling Chardonnay and Verdelho were served to the Queen at the banquet put on for her in Brisbane in 2011.
* 2009 Verdelho was selected as the Queensland Parliament 150th Anniversary Wine.
*Has had its wines served at official banquets at Federal Parliament in Canberra and State Parliament in Brisbane.
*Has won a trophy every year from 2001 to 2010 for a Best Queensland Red or White Wine at at least one Wine Show .
*Since 2001 winners of 31 Trophies and 25 Gold Medals.
Hours: Cellar door - Saturday and Sunday 10-5: Monday, Tuesday, Friday 11-4: (closed Wednesday & Thursday). Singing Lake Cafe open Saturday 10 to 4: Sunday 9 to 4 (open for breakfasts).
"Arguably Australia's foremost producer of Verdelho" James Halliday. A friendly welcome and National Trophy winning wines from our unique covered vineyards. Ask us for a tour when you visit for lunches, concerts or wine tastings.
*Enjoy delicious lunches featuring local produce, or coffee and home made cakes, at our Singing Lake Cafe which is open every Saturday and Sunday including breakfasts on Sundays from 9.00 am.
*Sit and enjoy the wonderful view over our Singing Lake as you eat or enjoy a bottle of our wine with a platter of local cheeses.
*Come to our monthly concerts held in our Swigmore Hall. The music ranges from Choral and Chamber Music to Opera and Jazz. Details on our website.
*"The finest Verdelho I have tasted" James Halliday.
* “The.. Royal Queensland Wine Show....Channon has achieved success here before, regularly winning top Queensland winery and in 2004 the trophy for the best chardonnay in the show and the following year another gold for chardy.” Ken Gargett, the Courier Mail
* Winner at the Queensland Wine Awards of the Trophy for Queensland's Best White wine in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006 and 2010 and Best Red Wine in 2008.* Trophy for Most Succesful Queensland Exhibitor at Royal Brisbane Show in 2004, 2005 and 2007 and at the Australian Small Winemakers Show in 2002, 2003 and 2009.
* Trophy and Gold Medal winning Verdelho, Chardonnay, Sparkling Chardonnay, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
* Estate grown Verdelho, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay , Pinot Noir, Merlot , Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon from our vineyards in Granite Belt Wine Country.*Also makers of our classic, trophy winning, bottle fermented Singing Lake Sparkling Chardonnay, our medium sweet Singing Lake Chardonnay Verdelho and our crisp dry Singing Lake Rose.
*Buy our wines at our online cellar door if you cannot get out to visit us.
ROBERT CHANNON WINES TROPHIES 2001 to 2011 AUSTRALIAN SMALL WINEMAKERS SHOW 2010NATIONAL TROPHY Champion Sparkling Wine Sparkling Chardonnay 2008
QUEENSLAND WINE AWARDS 2010Trophy for Best Qld White Wine Reserve Chardonnay 2007
AUST. SMALL WINEMAKERS SHOW 2009Trophy for Most Successful Queensland Exhibitor
RASQ SHOW TOOWOOMBA 2009 Trophy Best Chardonnay Reserve Chardonnay 2005
QUEENSLAND WINE AWARDS 2008Trophy for Best Qld Red Wine Reserve Cab Sauv 2005 and Trophy for Most Successful Exhibitor
RASQ SHOW TOOWOOMBA 2008 Trophy Best non- Mediterranean Red Reserve Cab Sauv 2005
AUST SMALL WINEMAKERS SHOW 2007Trophy for Best Qld White Wine Chardonnay 2007
ROYAL BRISBANE SHOW 2007Trophy for Most Successful Queensland Exhibitor.
BRISBANE WINE FESTIVAL 2007Trophy for Best Qld Wine Reserve Chardonnay 2005 Trophy for Best Qld White Wine Reserve Chardonnay 2005 Trophy for Best Chardonnay Reserve Chardonnay 2005
AUST SMALL WINEMAKERS SHOW 2006Trophy for Best Qld White Wine Reserve Chardonnay 2005
QUEENSLAND WINE AWARDS 2006Trophy for Best White Wine Reserve Chardonnay 2005
ROYAL BRISBANE SHOW 2005Trophy for Most Successful Queensland Exhibitor
BRISBANE WINE FESTIVAL 2005Trophy for Best Qld Wine Chardonnay 2004 Trophy for Best Qld White Wine Chardonnay 2004
RASQ SHOW TOOWOOMBA 2005Trophy Best Verdelho Verdelho 2004 Trophy Best Qld Non-Mediterranean White Wine Chardonnay 2003 Trophy Best Qld Mediterranean White Verdelho 2004 ROYAL BRISBANE SHOW 2004 NATIONAL TROPHY Best Chardonnay - Reserve Chardonnay 2002
Trophy Most Successful Queensland Exhibitor
RASQ SHOW TOOWOOMBA 2004 Trophy Best Qld Medite
The Singing Lake Cafe is re-opening on Saturday 23 March.
We are at Amiens, just over 5 minutes out of Stanthorpe. From Stanthorpe take the Texas Road. After going under the overpass for the Highway turn right into Amiens Road. Travel approximately 8 kilometres along Amiens Road and we are on the right hand side. The winery entrance is from Bradley Lane.
Events to catch at the winery in the next weeks: Swigmore Hall Saturday 9 march at 2.30 The Elysium Ensemble wind quintet playing Bach, Mozart, Rossini and much more. For details of our Concert Programme and Wines go to www.RobertChannonWines.com